NOSA offers seminars at several regional clubs in Southern California to help educate new N2E racers and refresh the memories of race veterans on general subjects that prepare you for this race, such as:
– tips on soliciting and organizing your crew and boat preparation
– how to navigate the registration process, such as getting a sail number and a rating certificate
– ensuring your compliance with the Notice of Race and the relevant safety standards
– preparing for entering and leaving Mexico with permits and other formalities
– organizing hotels for your team and dockage for your boat
And race-related topics such as:
– organizing the crew and developing a coherent and successful race plan
– specific racing strategy and tactical tips for this race
– preparation and storage of equipment on the boat
– navigation tips
– sail trim guidelines
– sailing at night and watch system options
– weather forecast sources and analysis tips
The presenters are experienced and have a wealth of knowledge to share, so we hope you take advantage of this by attending one of these seminars – what you learn will help not only improve your score but help to let you better relax and enjoy participating in this great race.
|March 10, 2021||7:00 PM||Zoom||Completed|
|March 16, 2021||7:00 PM||Zoom||Postponed due to America's Cup|
|March 22, 2021||7:00 PM||Zoom||Zoom Recording
|April 07, 2021||7:00 PM||Zoom||Zoom Link
Presenters will be Phil Herzfeld, Bruce Cooper, John Sangmeister, and Chuck Skewes (Ullman Sails San Diego).
Specific details with sign ups and links will be provided prior to each seminar.
US Sailing Safety Equipment Requirement 4.3.2 for Coastal Races states that “at least 30% of those aboard the boat, but not fewer than two members of the crew, unless racing single handed, including the person in charge, shall have attended a half-day, one-day, or two-day US Sailing Safety at Sea Seminar within the last 5 years, including online courses when available, or other courses as accepted by US Sailing or other national authority.”
US SAILING SPONSORED SEMINARS