The Newport Ocean Sailing Association (NOSA) and Ullman Sails are excited to present a new series of racing seminars designed to improve your overnight racing skills and share updated information on this year’s 76th Annual Newport to Ensenada Race events. Seminars will be held at the following SoCal locations;
LA Area Del Rey YC February 7
LB Area Seal Beach YC February 8
DP Area Dana Point YC February 15
NB Area Bahia Corinthian YC February 22
SD Area Silver Gate YC March 7
All seminars will begin at 7pm. Please sign up in advance below. Seminars can be incredibly valuable in enhancing sailboat racing skills and increasing performance, especially when it comes to night racing. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Learning from experts: Seminars often feature experienced sailors and racing professionals who can share their knowledge and techniques specifically tailored to night racing. They offer insights into navigation, tactics, sail trim, and safety measures that are crucial in low-light conditions. All presenters are past winners of the N2E and other prestigious offshore races.
2. Skill development: Seminars provide an opportunity to focus on specific aspects of sailboat racing that are relevant to night racing. You can learn how to optimize your boat's performance in the dark, make effective tactical decisions, and improve your night vision to navigate confidently. Each night will set aside time for Q&A, plus coaching tips for boat owners.
3. Networking and collaboration: Attending seminars allows you to connect with other sailors who share your passion for night racing. You can exchange ideas, discuss strategies, and build relationships that may lead to future partnerships or crewing opportunities.
4. Safety awareness: Night racing can present unique challenges, such as reduced visibility and potential navigation hazards. Seminars often cover safety protocols, equipment requirements, and emergency procedures specific to night racing. This knowledge can help you mitigate risks and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience on the water.
5. Motivation and inspiration: Seminars can be highly motivating, providing you with fresh ideas, strategies, and techniques to improve your racing performance. The energy and enthusiasm of fellow sailors and expert speakers can inspire you to push your limits and strive for excellence in night racing.
Remember, attending seminars is just one part of the equation. Applying what you learn through practice, experience, and ongoing training is crucial to truly enhance your sailboat racing skills and excel in night racing. The 76th Newport to Ensenada International Yacht Race is accepting registration for the April 26 – 28, 2024 annual classic. Once again race organizer, NOSA will offer two race courses to either Ensenada or San Diego. Registration and Notice of Races are available at www.nosa.org.